YES, after your Solo 401k is setup you will need to file Form 5500 once a year if your plan assets are over $250,000, otherwise you are exempt from mandatory filing.
Articles in this section
- How complicated is reporting to the IRS?
- What’s are the ongoing responsibilities and costs involved in an Solo 401k Administration?
- Is the Solo 401k set up with myself being the administrator, or can someone else be the administrator? What are the duties of an administrator?
- Under law how long must plan administer or plan provider keep 401(k)-related records?
- Do I have to file anything with the IRS?
- For the 2017 year if my company is a Sole Proprietorship, LLC or Corporation how much time do I have to make contributions to my plan and take a tax deduction?
- What is a 990T?